Holographic Page Data Storage Simulation
Application ID: 34931
- This model simulates a holographic page data storage system.
- The studies include the recording and retrieval processes.
- The object beam encrypting 8-bit data is focused into a holographic material by a Fourier lens (Fourier transformation).
- In the recording process, the object beam and the reference beams intersect and make an interference fringe pattern, which is the page hologram.
- In the retrieval process, the object beam is turned off and the reference beam is diffracted by the hologram restoring the object beam. The original 8-bit data is recovered by the other Fourier lens (Fourier transformation).
For more details, please refer to this blog post: How to Simulate a Holographic Page Data Storage System
This model example illustrates applications of this type that would nominally be built using the following products:Wave Optics Module
however, additional products may be required to completely define and model it. Furthermore, this example may also be defined and modeled using components from the following product combinations:
The combination of COMSOL® products required to model your application depends on several factors and may include boundary conditions, material properties, physics interfaces, and part libraries. Particular functionality may be common to several products. To determine the right combination of products for your modeling needs, review the Specification Chart and make use of a free evaluation license. The COMSOL Sales and Support teams are available for answering any questions you may have regarding this.