Atelier Yours 9F
1-10-2-904/905 Kanda Ogawamachi
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0052
Phone: +81 3-4578-1670
Fax: +81 3-4578-1670
COMSOL Announces 2022 Edition of Multiphysics Simulation Magazine
COMSOL News 2022 features ten teams from industry and research organizations who share their insights from using multiphysics simulation in areas including climate change mitigation, reliable power distribution, high-speed communications system design, medical device design, and more.
BURLINGTON, MA (Oct 6, 2022) — COMSOL, provider of the COMSOL Multiphysics® simulation software, is announcing the 2022 edition of COMSOL News. This annual magazine recognizes the work of academic and industry organizations around the world that use multiphysics simulation to drive innovative technological research and development.
COMSOL News 2022 illustrates how simulation enables teams to make more informed design decisions, speed up development, reduce physical testing, and minimize costs. Readers will gain insight into the COMSOL Multiphysics® user experience across a wide variety of applications and learn how the software is being used for simulation-based product development, design optimization, and research.
This magazine highlights the following topics and organizations:
- A “digital twin” for climate management in an additive manufacturing facility — MTC, U.K.
- Analyzing the ice loss of Greenland's glaciers — Alfred Wegener Institute, Germany
- Drivetrain components for electric vehicles — Bosch, Germany
- Electric vehicle battery management system design — Exicom Tele-Systems, India
- Removal of micropollutants from wastewater — Eden Tech, France
- RF-induced heating of implanted medical devices in MRI systems — MED Institute, U.S.
- Sand "batteries" to store solar-generated heat — Polar Night Energy, Finland
- Silicon photonic MEMS phase shifters for fiber optic networks — EPFL, Switzerland
- Virtual design and prototyping of subsea cables — Hellenic Cables, Greece
The magazine closes with a guest editorial from JJR Acoustics on virtual product development with acoustics simulation.
COMSOL is a global provider of simulation software for product design and research to technical enterprises, research labs, and universities. Its COMSOL Multiphysics® product is an integrated software environment for creating physics-based models and simulation apps. A particular strength is its ability to account for coupled or multiphysics phenomena. Add-on products expand the simulation platform for electromagnetics, structural, acoustics, fluid flow, heat transfer, and chemical applications. Interfacing tools enable the integration of COMSOL Multiphysics® simulations with all major technical computing and CAD tools on the CAE market. Simulation experts rely on COMSOL Compiler™ and COMSOL Server™ to deploy applications to their design teams, manufacturing departments, test laboratories, and customers throughout the world. Founded in 1986, COMSOL has 17 offices worldwide and extends its reach with a network of distributors.