Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Running COMSOL Java class file in batch mode

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm writing a COMSOL model file using the Java COMSOL API, and I'm encountering a problem with running the files in batch mode. In particular, when I put in the code to import a CAD file:

model.geom("geom1").create("imp1", "Import");
model.geom("geom1").feature("imp1").set("filename", "C:\Path\to\File.sldprt");
model.geom("geom1").runPre("fin");

When I try to run the model in batch mode using

comsolbatch -inputfile <file.class> -outputfile <output.mph> -batchlog <log.txt>

it doesn't run successfully. The resulting model file is empty and the log file contains the following text:

/******************/
/*****Error********/
/******************/
access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "PATH\testpart.SLDPRT" "read")
Saving model: PATH\importmodel_Model.mph
Save time: 0 s.
Total time: 4 s.

(where I have replaced my actual path with a placeholder). I don't understand why I am getting this error. It's even stranger considering that I can import a file and create a COMSOL model with no problem in the GUI, but then even when I record a Java macro based on that successful model, the code will encounter the same error when I try to compile and run it in batch mode.

3 Replies Last Post Aug 3, 2016, 8:36 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Christopher Lioi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 8 years ago May 23, 2016, 3:49 a.m. EDT
I have exactly the same problem.... but in my case the java.io.filepermission displays the error when I try to export the results from the model into a .txt file (running from batch mode a .class file)

My .java file reads:
[...]
model.batch.run();

model.result().numerical("av1").setResult();
model.result().export("plot1").set("filename", "/PATH/ExportFileName.txt");
model.result().export("plot1").run();

return model;
}

The file is compiled with no problem but, when I try to run the model from shell (using comsol batch -inputfile M.class -outputfile Mo.mph -batchlog L.log) the .log file contains this error:

/******************/
/*****Error********/
/******************/
access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "/PATH/ExportFileName.txt" "write")
Saving model: Mo.mph

If somebody knows how to deal with that please share.
I have exactly the same problem.... but in my case the java.io.filepermission displays the error when I try to export the results from the model into a .txt file (running from batch mode a .class file) My .java file reads: [...] model.batch.run(); model.result().numerical("av1").setResult(); model.result().export("plot1").set("filename", "/PATH/ExportFileName.txt"); model.result().export("plot1").run(); return model; } The file is compiled with no problem but, when I try to run the model from shell (using comsol batch -inputfile M.class -outputfile Mo.mph -batchlog L.log) the .log file contains this error: /******************/ /*****Error********/ /******************/ access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "/PATH/ExportFileName.txt" "write") Saving model: Mo.mph If somebody knows how to deal with that please share.

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago May 26, 2016, 3:34 a.m. EDT
Hi

I'm not sure if this suggestion fixes your problem, but you shouldn't use single back-slashes in Java code. Use double back-slashes instead.

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi I'm not sure if this suggestion fixes your problem, but you shouldn't use single back-slashes in Java code. Use double back-slashes instead. -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Posted: 8 years ago Aug 3, 2016, 8:36 a.m. EDT
It looks like the necessary permissions have not been granted to the comsolbatch executable. In the GUI of my comsol installation (on Linux) the relevant settings are found in "Options -> Preferences -> Security". Here "File system access" must be set to "All files".

I am not sure how to change these settings for the comsolbatch executable. Maybe come comsol people can enlighten us? :)
It looks like the necessary permissions have not been granted to the comsolbatch executable. In the GUI of my comsol installation (on Linux) the relevant settings are found in "Options -> Preferences -> Security". Here "File system access" must be set to "All files". I am not sure how to change these settings for the comsolbatch executable. Maybe come comsol people can enlighten us? :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.