Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

change space dimension from 2D to 3D while preserving model builder

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

let say, if I have already build a model in comsol with parameters and definitions and physics so on.

1) is it possible to change spatial dimension from from 2D to 3D? while preserving all the parameters or definitions in model builder.

Note: I can do save as, but I can not change 2D to 3D for same model builder

thanks
JK

1 Reply Last Post Nov 13, 2015, 11:40 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Nov 13, 2015, 11:40 a.m. EST
Hello JK,

You can certainly add a 3D component to a model that already contains a 2D component. You can then use Insert Sequence to bring into a workplane of the 3D geometry the same geometry that is in your 2D compnent. After that, you can extrude or revolve that shape into a 3D object, etc.

Best,
Jeff
Hello JK, You can certainly add a 3D component to a model that already contains a 2D component. You can then use Insert Sequence to bring into a workplane of the 3D geometry the same geometry that is in your 2D compnent. After that, you can extrude or revolve that shape into a 3D object, etc. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.