Intensive introduction to using COMSOL Multiphysics® for modeling and simulation
This training course is the recommended starting point for learning how to use the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. Over the course of two days, you will develop a strong foundation for your future multiphysics modeling work. We will start at an introductory level, moving through the essential steps in the modeling workflow, and follow this with more advanced topics, such as solution techniques and multiphysics modeling.
To allow for more hands-on learning and offer you the opportunity to ask the instructor questions face to face, this training course will take place in person. Each day's program will run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with breaks scheduled throughout.
Training Course Objective
We will use a combination of lectures and hands-on exercises to teach this training course. The goal is to immerse you in the COMSOL Multiphysics® modeling workflow and help you feel comfortable working with the software. By the end of the training course, you will have the skills to effectively set up and solve models as well as evaluate your model results.
9 a.m.–5 p.m. EDT
- Introduction to the COMSOL Multiphysics® software
- COMSOL Multiphysics® modeling workflow
- Guided hands-on exercise: heating of chip bond wires
- Geometry import and geometry creation
- Guided hands-on exercise: defeaturing and repair of an imported CAD geometry
- Understanding the theory behind the linear and nonlinear finite element method
- Guided hands-on exercise: natural convection in a cavity
- Considerations for coupling different physics together
- Segregated vs. fully coupled approach
9 a.m.–5 p.m. EDT
- Modeling time-dependent problems with explicit or implicit events
- Guided hands-on exercise: laser heating wafer
- Global parameters, variables, functions, probes, and nonlocal couplings
- Best practices for meshing geometry
- Guided hands-on exercise: meshing sequence
- Visualization and results evaluation
- Guided hands-on exercises on generating plots, animations, data export, etc.
- Summary of best practices for modeling in COMSOL Multiphysics®
- Introduction to the Application Builder, COMSOL Server™, and COMSOL Compiler™
- Guided hands-on exercise: converting models into apps
Some or all of the above topics will be considered based on the participants' interest.
Breakfast, lunch, and tea/coffee will be provided both days.
No previous experience with COMSOL Multiphysics® is required.
Early registration is recommended; because the training course will be held in person, the number of seats will be limited.
Remember to install the software onto your laptop before joining us for the training course. To see the minimum configuration required for installation, please see System Requirements.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this in-person training course is $1395 per person. We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $995.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Email purchase orders to: email@example.com
Register for Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics®
To register for the event, please create a new account or log into your existing account. You will need a COMSOL Access account to attend Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics®.
For registration questions or more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.