Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multiphyscis two-step analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have four models - Electric EC, Magnetic-MF, Heat Transfer-HT, Laminar-SPF.
In Study-1 I solve for only the first three and exclude Laminar flow solution.
In Study-2: I solve the Heat and Laminar flow using the EC and MF calculated in STEP-1, using option "Values not solved for" I tried ALL and Automatic.

Yet, when I go to check Results .... I find that MF at time for example 0.5 seconds is Not The Same in the results of Study-1 and Study-2 ??!!! .. although I solved for MF ONLY in Study-1, so I expect to find the same results in Study-2 ..... I did that to double check that comsol reads the previous results correctly .. but there seem a problem or misunderstanding ?

1 Reply Last Post Jan 18, 2016, 9:20 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 18, 2016, 9:20 a.m. EST
Hello Gasser Abdelal,

I don't have the AC/DC module but i have had a similar problem a few weeks ago so i will try give an advice.
I think your problem are the multiphysics couplings. There could be one or more bidirectional couplings which manipulate the values of the Magnetic-MF.

For example (non-isothermal flow):
bidirectional: Non-Isothermal Flow (coupling of heat transfer and flow in one step)
unidirectional: temperature coupling (heat --> flow) and flow coupling (flow --> heat)
In my problems i had to separate the couplings for temperature and flow (and deactivate the one which uses the solution as destination) so i could calculate them separately.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Michael
Hello Gasser Abdelal, I don't have the AC/DC module but i have had a similar problem a few weeks ago so i will try give an advice. I think your problem are the multiphysics couplings. There could be one or more bidirectional couplings which manipulate the values of the Magnetic-MF. For example (non-isothermal flow): bidirectional: Non-Isothermal Flow (coupling of heat transfer and flow in one step) unidirectional: temperature coupling (heat --> flow) and flow coupling (flow --> heat) In my problems i had to separate the couplings for temperature and flow (and deactivate the one which uses the solution as destination) so i could calculate them separately. I hope this helps. Regards, Michael

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.