Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3-D Maximum displacement

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have try out with 3-D, stress-strain MEMS model in order to find maximum displacement of membrane deflection with uniform force exert on it. Does anyone know how to display the maximum displacement value?
Issit the max/min marker will display the maximum displacement?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Oct 21, 2010, 1:48 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 21, 2010, 1:48 a.m. EDT
Hi

Yes there are, but it depends in which version you are working in V4 there are several operators or probe possibilities. However in v3.5 you might have to use the matlab interface. This has been discussed a few imes, I even believe there is a small matlab code example in a previous thread, try a search on the forum. There are many nice things here

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Yes there are, but it depends in which version you are working in V4 there are several operators or probe possibilities. However in v3.5 you might have to use the matlab interface. This has been discussed a few imes, I even believe there is a small matlab code example in a previous thread, try a search on the forum. There are many nice things here -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.