Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nitrogen plasma simulation: cross section file?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I followed the webinar about plasma simulation, and they told something about
a french institut in Toulouse who was supposed to provide the cross sections
data for different gases.like the argon.txt.. but for nitrogen..

Anyone that took more attention than me?

Can somebody help on that? any file that would help getting away from Argon?

Thank you

Lukas
Germany

7 Replies Last Post Apr 18, 2017, 4:11 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 29, 2010, 8:24 a.m. EST

Hello,

for example, search at internet for:
cross-section for impact electron with N2+

next use form profiles of " cross-section electron impact with N2+"

parviz
[QUOTE] Hello, for example, search at internet for: cross-section for impact electron with N2+ next use form profiles of " cross-section electron impact with N2+" parviz

Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 29, 2010, 10:08 a.m. EST
Hi, cross section data can be found here:

www.lxcat.laplace.univ-tlse.fr/cross_sec_download.php

The file needs to be modified slightly before it can be imported into COMSOL. The user's guide explains the required format.

/ Dan
Hi, cross section data can be found here: http://www.lxcat.laplace.univ-tlse.fr/cross_sec_download.php The file needs to be modified slightly before it can be imported into COMSOL. The user's guide explains the required format. / Dan

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 17, 2011, 6:32 a.m. EST
Hi Daniel,

What was the source used for the ionization cross sections for the Argon metastable used in the model library ie. e+Ars=>2e+Ar+ - I cannot find this information on the University of Toulouse electron scattering database - www.lxcat.laplace.univ-tlse.fr/cross_sec_download.php.

Kind Regards,

Sean
Hi Daniel, What was the source used for the ionization cross sections for the Argon metastable used in the model library ie. e+Ars=>2e+Ar+ - I cannot find this information on the University of Toulouse electron scattering database - http://www.lxcat.laplace.univ-tlse.fr/cross_sec_download.php. Kind Regards, Sean

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 15, 2013, 9:38 a.m. EST
Hello Daniel,
I am simulating nitrogen dc plasma for DBD reactor in dc discharge interface. I used database from Phelps for nitrogen cross section. For importing nitrogen database to COMSOL, it needs "statistical weight ratio" of final state to initial state (as 2nd number of 3rd line). I tried to search, but could not find this number for nitrogen excitation reactions.
Could you please help me, by sharing the source/reference to these values or procedure how to calculate them?

I would like to thank you in advance. Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Bhaskar
Hello Daniel, I am simulating nitrogen dc plasma for DBD reactor in dc discharge interface. I used database from Phelps for nitrogen cross section. For importing nitrogen database to COMSOL, it needs "statistical weight ratio" of final state to initial state (as 2nd number of 3rd line). I tried to search, but could not find this number for nitrogen excitation reactions. Could you please help me, by sharing the source/reference to these values or procedure how to calculate them? I would like to thank you in advance. Looking forward to hear from you. Best Regards, Bhaskar

Posted: 10 years ago Sep 9, 2014, 2:29 a.m. EDT
I meet the same problem with you, how do you deal with this question finally?
I meet the same problem with you, how do you deal with this question finally?

Posted: 9 years ago Mar 14, 2015, 10:59 a.m. EDT
Hello,
Have you found the solution?

Best regards.
Hello, Have you found the solution? Best regards.

Posted: 7 years ago Apr 18, 2017, 4:11 a.m. EDT
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. HAS anyone solved?
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. HAS anyone solved?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.