I recently bought a laptop with the new Intel Iris Xe graphics chip. When I run COMSOL Multiphysics on it the Graphics window does not appear to respond to mouse movements.
We expect that a future driver update will resolve this issue. In the meantime, we suggest one of the two workarounds below:
Workaround 1 - For older versions of COMSOL Multiphysics
Run the cross-platform GUI for COMSOL Multiphysics instead of the default .NET GUI. To start COMSOL Multiphysics with the cross-platform GUI, launch the file
comsolxpl.exe from the
bin\win64\ directory in your COMSOL Multiphysics installation directory.
Workaround 2 - Only for COMSOL Multiphysics 5.6
- There is a fix for this issue included in Update 1 for COMSOL Multiphysics 5.6.
- If you have not yet updated your installation, you can initiate the update by going to File > Help, and select Check for product updates in COMSOL Multiphysics.
After installing the update, you need to launch COMSOL Multiphysics with the option
-disablehwacceleration. You can accomplish this by editing the COMSOL Multiphysics 5.6 icon on your desktop in the following way:
- Right-click the icon and select properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, add a space and then paste
-disablehwaccelerationto the Target field.
- If you have installed COMSOL Multiphysics in the default installation directory, the full text field should look like:
"C:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL56\Multiphysics\bin\win64\comsol.exe" -disablehwacceleration
Browse by CategoryError Messages (63)
Structural Mechanics (3)
Fluid Dynamics (1)
ALE / Parameterized Geometry (1)
Product Information (2)
User Models (1)
COMSOL makes every reasonable effort to verify the information you view on this page. Resources and documents are provided for your information only, and COMSOL makes no explicit or implied claims to their validity. COMSOL does not assume any legal liability for the accuracy of the data disclosed. Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark details.