Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric study for transient solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is it possible to plot a parametric study for a certain time step in transient solution? When I tried to do it, it takes the first time step, 0.

4 Replies Last Post Dec 27, 2010, 4:39 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 27, 2010, 2:18 a.m. EST
Hi

are you in 3.5 or 4. in 4 the main plot node has normally the selection window of one, all or some of the time steps (if you are pointing to the right solution). In 3.5 it's in the plot postrpocessing general tab

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi are you in 3.5 or 4. in 4 the main plot node has normally the selection window of one, all or some of the time steps (if you are pointing to the right solution). In 3.5 it's in the plot postrpocessing general tab -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 27, 2010, 3:52 a.m. EST
Dear Ivar,

I am using 3.5. When I select parametric study in solver parameters, after soln. the time part becomes passive in Plot parameters General tab. When I select time dependent solver, then parameter disappears.
Dear Ivar, I am using 3.5. When I select parametric study in solver parameters, after soln. the time part becomes passive in Plot parameters General tab. When I select time dependent solver, then parameter disappears.

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 27, 2010, 4:10 a.m. EST
I am looking for a single and easier soln. than solving the problem time depently with an initial value of parameter "a" and taking a cross-section plot that I need, and then solving the problem again changing a value then plotting on the same figure keeping the first one. Thanks.
I am looking for a single and easier soln. than solving the problem time depently with an initial value of parameter "a" and taking a cross-section plot that I need, and then solving the problem again changing a value then plotting on the same figure keeping the first one. Thanks.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 27, 2010, 4:39 a.m. EST
Hi
Sorry, but mmories of 3.5 is becoming faint, since 4.1+ is here I have made the "jump" and do not regret it.

Indded there might be a difficulty to do a parametric transient "double" sweep without passing through matlab in 3.5a

Do not forget that selecting time stepping (transient) changes the equations of COMSOL (adding the time derivatives) so it's not "just" to replace the time by a parametric variable

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Sorry, but mmories of 3.5 is becoming faint, since 4.1+ is here I have made the "jump" and do not regret it. Indded there might be a difficulty to do a parametric transient "double" sweep without passing through matlab in 3.5a Do not forget that selecting time stepping (transient) changes the equations of COMSOL (adding the time derivatives) so it's not "just" to replace the time by a parametric variable -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.