Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Theory on multiphysics - what is your favourite text book?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I'm new to, but very much interested in the concept of multiphysics modelling. Right now, I am looking for a theoretical background textbook based on Lagrange/Hamilton theory. Any advice will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 23, 2009, 5:53 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 23, 2009, 5:53 p.m. EDT
Hi

have you checked out the COMSOL web site at www.comsol.com/academic/books/ or just tried a search on "book" on the comsol site ?

I can also strongly suggest to have a look at the 3 volumes of François AXISA and Jose ANTUNES on structural and fluid- structure interactions. Or perhaps too try the Giancarly GENTA Vibration Dynamics Control, ther are some excellent books about chemistry too, and the one of William B. J. Zimmerman is really good. But again it depends a little on what you are looking for w.r.t. "physics" the domain is so waste

Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked out the COMSOL web site at http://www.comsol.com/academic/books/ or just tried a search on "book" on the comsol site ? I can also strongly suggest to have a look at the 3 volumes of François AXISA and Jose ANTUNES on structural and fluid- structure interactions. Or perhaps too try the Giancarly GENTA Vibration Dynamics Control, ther are some excellent books about chemistry too, and the one of William B. J. Zimmerman is really good. But again it depends a little on what you are looking for w.r.t. "physics" the domain is so waste Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.