Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Designin narrow strip in the hinged part of cantilevercantilever in 3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,

as im new to Comsol software i would like to know how to design a cantilever beam which has a narrow part at the fixed end and the rest is a normal rectangular beam. I would like to know the various steps that should be followed to design such cantilever.
Also i would like to know what are the mathematical parameters that can be found in Comsol software in terms of Biosensing.
I expect a favourable reply.

sandhya.

4 Replies Last Post Feb 4, 2011, 2:26 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 3, 2011, 5:51 a.m. EST
Hi

run the exercices and a few of the simple models, you will get then all the skills required to build such a model.
Comnsol has also excellent courses, worth wile to take once you start to get the grasp of the essentials.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi run the exercices and a few of the simple models, you will get then all the skills required to build such a model. Comnsol has also excellent courses, worth wile to take once you start to get the grasp of the essentials. -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 3, 2011, 7:21 a.m. EST
is it possible to join two rectangular parts into one cantilever beam
is it possible to join two rectangular parts into one cantilever beam

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 3, 2011, 1:29 p.m. EST
Hi

you should expalin a bit more, very many things are possible in COMSOL, some are easier than others

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you should expalin a bit more, very many things are possible in COMSOL, some are easier than others -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 4, 2011, 2:26 a.m. EST
shall i attach my necessary structure for ur verification?
shall i attach my necessary structure for ur verification?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.