Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can the position of the Legends in plot be moved?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to display the legends on the plot, but It seems that the Legends are always in the right-up corner of a plot, and sometimes the Legends will overlap part of the data curves. Can the position of the Legends in plot be moved? (I use v4.0)

4 Replies Last Post Oct 13, 2014, 5:02 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 8, 2011, 3:18 p.m. EST
Hiu

I'm not sure in 4.0, but in 4.1, in the main plot node you can select one of the 4 corners of the plot for the legend "box"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hiu I'm not sure in 4.0, but in 4.1, in the main plot node you can select one of the 4 corners of the plot for the legend "box" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 17, 2012, 5:24 p.m. EST
Hey

Does anybody knows if there is a way to have a few more options for the legend position? I.e. right center? My plot has data in all four corners.

-Niklas
Hey Does anybody knows if there is a way to have a few more options for the legend position? I.e. right center? My plot has data in all four corners. -Niklas

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 17, 2012, 5:34 p.m. EST
Hi

not from my knowledge, I'm also miss a middle position, for many of my plots, at least in the height direction ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi not from my knowledge, I'm also miss a middle position, for many of my plots, at least in the height direction ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 10 years ago Oct 13, 2014, 5:02 a.m. EDT
I know it is an old post - but I found a solution/workaround.

Simply make the scale on the X-axis longer. Then the legend will fit and it will not cover any of the data.
I know it is an old post - but I found a solution/workaround. Simply make the scale on the X-axis longer. Then the legend will fit and it will not cover any of the data.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.