Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mode Conversion in Acoustic Module (Snell's Law)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to implement Snell's Law in COMSOL (in the Acoustic Pressure Transient Module) to take into account the Mode Conversion by reflection (and refraction) at the boundaries. A quick overview of the theory of this Mode Conversion can be seen in the link below and in the attached *png.

Maybe it is phenomena already implemented in the Acoustic Modele. But till now I have not found it yet.
Right now I am using Sound Hard Boundary (Wall) for this specific boundary. This is stating that the pressure 'flux' is zero through this boundary. Do I have to use weak constraint (or something) to implement the Mode Conversion phenomena?

Hidde

Link: www.nde-ed.org/EducationResources/CommunityCollege/Ultrasonics/Physics/modeconversion.htm

0 Replies Last Post Apr 5, 2017, 5:12 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hidde Froeling

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.