Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nanosecond Pulsed Laser Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am trying to simulate nanosecond (4ns pulse width) pulsed laser with comsol. I have used analytic function as x<4*10^-9 with time period of 1 millisecond. I have multiplied analytic function with boundary heat source. I want to simulate the laser source with ON time of 4 ns and total time period of 1 millisecond. My problem is that my temporary solution file is exceeding 50 GB in the local drive C.

Error is:
Disk error while writing to the temporary solution file.

But, I need to move my laser source until 0.1sec. Is it really happened because of lack of memory?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Apr 26, 2017, 6:48 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello uday

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.