Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem in calculating capacitance of power transmission line

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
i am 3rd year electrical student using comsol 3.2. i am interested in calculating the capacitance of power transmission line. for that i modeled two parallel cylinders having radius 0.1m and length of 4m and put1volt and 0volt respectively and enclosed the whole arrangement in a cube of 10m length. on all six faces of cube i put boundary condition of zero charge/ symmetry . by using sub domain integration of energy density over the domain i found the energy in the surrounding region of two cylinders and by using the formula energy=(C*V^2)/2. but i am not getting the correct value of capacitance. please help to find out the error in my simulation .is their any edge effect. and how to avoid edge effect.

0 Replies Last Post Mar 12, 2011, 3:07 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Puneet Malhotra

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.