Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

temperature change in transient analysis with parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI

I have two boxes. one is on the other and the top one is same width but very shorter length. I want to extrude the top on the bottom one and make them both same length.

I want to put an initial temperature for it and while it is sweeping over the bottom box its temperature should be effected and decrease because the bottom box itself has a bottom which is in contact with a cooler sink with constant temperature.

I have used the parametric sweep for sweeping it and transient analysis but in each step of parametric sweep the temperature of the top box will be the same temperature as the initial temperature! and also the bottom box again does not consider the temperature history from previous step:(

please help me know how should I do this problem..am I even on right way? I mean parametric sweep and transient analysis is what I need or I need to use something else. please help me.

thanks

0 Replies Last Post Mar 14, 2011, 3:10 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Navid Asadiznajani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.