Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is it possible to model mixed fluid flows?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to simulate a heat exchanger / evaporator column with salty water flowing in from the top. The water is evaporated and thus separated into salty liquid phase, which eventually exits from the bottom while the steam exits from the top. I'm still a newbie with COMSOL and I'm wondering if this can even be done. Is it possible to use COMSOL to model this mixed gas and liquid flow (they would exist in the same container) or the changing salt content of the remaining liquid?

0 Replies Last Post Mar 14, 2011, 3:59 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Janne Hirvonen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.