Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mixed-mode fracture simulation by means of phase-field modelling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am planning to simulate the mixed-mode fracture toughness (Kic and Kiic) of a brittle material using comsol. however, I don't know how to input the tensile and shear strength of the specimen and how should I let the model to initiate and propagate the crack after the loading. any suggestions? ( i am thinking of introducing two DAMAGEs and in the first one giving the Gic data and in second one giving Giic. but i don't know if that works)

0 Replies Last Post Jun 1, 2023, 7:47 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Navid Nassir

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.