Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

conservative phase field method

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi friends,

what are the differences between the conservative and non conservative form of the phase field method in two phase flow in comsol ?

I want to model a water droplet in oil and it works with non conservative form of phase field but when I changed the settings from non conservative to conservative, the droplet disappear and I get some results that can not be defined by physics.

I thought that the conservative form must conserve the mass better than non conservative form, but I get the worse results with conservative form , why ?

I want a method that conserve the mass the most.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 27, 2011, 8:50 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 27, 2011, 8:50 p.m. EDT
anything to help me out?
anything to help me out?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.