Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with Parameters

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all I am new in comsol... I have problema with a simple equation. I want write the equation:

(A/B)^(alfa), 

alfa is constant less than 1. But I find following error?

--> Unit syntax error

Can somebody help me ?

1 Reply Last Post Oct 10, 2017, 8:01 a.m. EDT
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Oct 10, 2017, 8:01 a.m. EDT

Hi,

The "Unit syntax error" is a warning that the unit syntax in COMSOL Multiphysics cannot handle such an expression, which results in noninteger unit exponents. You can still use a variable defined using the expression above but only its numerical value. Perhaps your model is dimensionless? If you select None as the unit system, the warning about the unit syntax error disappears.

Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Hi, The "Unit syntax error" is a warning that the unit syntax in COMSOL Multiphysics cannot handle such an expression, which results in noninteger unit exponents. You can still use a variable defined using the expression above but only its numerical value. Perhaps your model is dimensionless? If you select None as the unit system, the warning about the unit syntax error disappears. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.