Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Directional mechanical properties questions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi to all,

I have just started learning how to use comsol and I learned how to do some studies but I faced some problems.

I am doing solid mechanic-elecrostatic study when I added the material which is carbon fiber/epoxy longitudinal par to x, I should fill the properties for the carbon fiber/epoxy. As far as I know, carbon fiber is an orthotropic material and what I got for the carbon fiber epoxy is just tensile modulus ( what the manufacturer provides ) which is around 270 Gpa and density of 1771 kg/m3, posisson's ratio not given, and relative permittivity not given. The question is how to add these properties according to their directional modulus? how to get directional shear modulus poisson's ratio?

Thanks for helping

0 Replies Last Post May 31, 2018, 7:50 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ahmed Mohammed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.