Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to express a local concentration?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

I am doing a simulation about battery. Now I want to get a concentration of certain point(Let's say concentration at x=0 um 1D model) as a variable for a defined function. I am new to comsol, anyone can help me?

Thanks,

2 Replies Last Post Jun 25, 2012, 12:31 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago May 17, 2011, 11:19 p.m. EDT
Hi there,

you can define a local variable at that boundary you mentioned. When you define a variable, COMSOL allows you to define wether the variable is calculated over the whole domain or at a boundary.

Good luck on your simulations
Hi there, you can define a local variable at that boundary you mentioned. When you define a variable, COMSOL allows you to define wether the variable is calculated over the whole domain or at a boundary. Good luck on your simulations

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 25, 2012, 12:31 p.m. EDT
I have a similar question regarding concentration at a certain depth. I have 3D model, which shows a cubic soil box. Now I need to use the concentration at z=0(ground surface) for the simulation time. In other words I want to use concentration at (z=0 and t). Based on the answer herein, I tried to define a local variable, but in this way I need to write an expression for this variable. This value should be from Comsol itself which can show c(0,t). How can apply this expression? I will really appreciate your help.
I have a similar question regarding concentration at a certain depth. I have 3D model, which shows a cubic soil box. Now I need to use the concentration at z=0(ground surface) for the simulation time. In other words I want to use concentration at (z=0 and t). Based on the answer herein, I tried to define a local variable, but in this way I need to write an expression for this variable. This value should be from Comsol itself which can show c(0,t). How can apply this expression? I will really appreciate your help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.