Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Refine mesh close to a point

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Almost everything is in the subject: I have not found (yet) how to define the elements size in the vicinity of a point I have added inside the domain. Any idea welcome...

Alain Glière

2 Replies Last Post May 19, 2011, 9:57 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago May 19, 2011, 8:41 a.m. EDT
Hello Alain,
Presuming that it's an unstructured simplex mesh you are using for the domain where the point is located, try right clicking in the Model Builder window on the Free Triangular node in question and adding a Size node and specifying the Geometric scope level to be Point. See attached screenshot.
Jeff
Hello Alain, Presuming that it's an unstructured simplex mesh you are using for the domain where the point is located, try right clicking in the Model Builder window on the Free Triangular node in question and adding a Size node and specifying the Geometric scope level to be Point. See attached screenshot. Jeff

Posted: 1 decade ago May 19, 2011, 9:57 a.m. EDT
exactly what I needed: many thanks!
exactly what I needed: many thanks!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.