Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

deformation of ceramics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
my problem is: The material I want to use is ceramics, which is very stiff and has a much smaller deformation than the computation shows.
If I choose the ceramics from the Material Libary I get the same (wrong) results.
Thank you for your help

1 Reply Last Post May 24, 2011, 10:13 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2011, 10:13 a.m. EDT
Hi

are you sure you are respecting the units overall in your model ? that you are not loading in [N] instead of [Pa] or something like that (or that you are in "m" and not "mm", or the opposite ...), these things are easily overlooked.

For me so far, once such small typos corrected, have given me coherent results over the last years, so I rather trust COMSOL ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi are you sure you are respecting the units overall in your model ? that you are not loading in [N] instead of [Pa] or something like that (or that you are in "m" and not "mm", or the opposite ...), these things are easily overlooked. For me so far, once such small typos corrected, have given me coherent results over the last years, so I rather trust COMSOL ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.