Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

metal nanoparticles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi
i want to simulate microsphere that metal nanoparticles deposite on it. i am new to comsol.i start with 2D and use in plane wave-TM wave -HARMONIC PROPAGATION. i simulate microdisk that 2nm metal particke deposite on its surface.but metal nanoparticle is not in resonance i dont know in which frequence metal nanoparticle and microsphere are in resonance thar genarate plasmon wave around the metal ,is there anybody work on this case?

5 Replies Last Post Jun 14, 2011, 1:31 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 6, 2011, 7:12 a.m. EDT
Your question really puzzles me but what is your study type? are you using Eigen Frequency mode?
I would start from there and get the eigen frequencies of the sphere as an initial guess.

Your question really puzzles me but what is your study type? are you using Eigen Frequency mode? I would start from there and get the eigen frequencies of the sphere as an initial guess.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 6, 2011, 8:03 a.m. EDT
Hi Maryam,

I am working on almost a similar case. I think you have to run sweep simulation for diffirent wavelengths and see at which wavelength the resonance occures. If can't do that , just send me your model I will have a look on it may be I can fix something.

Hope this will be useful.

Regards

Ahmed
Hi Maryam, I am working on almost a similar case. I think you have to run sweep simulation for diffirent wavelengths and see at which wavelength the resonance occures. If can't do that , just send me your model I will have a look on it may be I can fix something. Hope this will be useful. Regards Ahmed

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 11, 2011, 3:35 a.m. EDT
Hi Ahmed,
i change the frequency and i see the plasmon and my 2D model work well.if you work on the similar case ,i would be glad to have a contact with you by email

best regards
Maryam
Hi Ahmed, i change the frequency and i see the plasmon and my 2D model work well.if you work on the similar case ,i would be glad to have a contact with you by email best regards Maryam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 11, 2011, 3:52 a.m. EDT
Hi Ali

my research subject is about microsphere biosensor. for the sensing application, we use metal nanoparticle on the surface of microsphere. with generating plasmon around the metal nanoparticles electric field is enhanced.
i didnt work with eigenfrequency mode.my 2D model work well but i want to simulate 3D model ,because my system is microsphere,but i have not did it!! what is your work?

regards
Maryam
Hi Ali my research subject is about microsphere biosensor. for the sensing application, we use metal nanoparticle on the surface of microsphere. with generating plasmon around the metal nanoparticles electric field is enhanced. i didnt work with eigenfrequency mode.my 2D model work well but i want to simulate 3D model ,because my system is microsphere,but i have not did it!! what is your work? regards Maryam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 14, 2011, 1:31 a.m. EDT

what is your work?

regards
Maryam

I do Structural FEM Simulation for a company. Good luck with your Project.
[QUOTE] what is your work? regards Maryam [/QUOTE] I do Structural FEM Simulation for a company. Good luck with your Project.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.