Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Air in solidmechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir ,
How can I model air density and elastic modulus in solid mechanics module case using multiphysics ???

2 Replies Last Post Jul 6, 2011, 6:38 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 5, 2011, 3:20 a.m. EDT
Dear Sam,

Try to use fluid-structure interaction modules[FSI] under CFD which couples both physics of fluids and solid mechanics . But you have mentioned modelling density and elastic modulus which can be done by choosing "user-defined" for density and elastic modulus seperatly in this interface as per your design.

good luck

vijay g
Dear Sam, Try to use fluid-structure interaction modules[FSI] under CFD which couples both physics of fluids and solid mechanics . But you have mentioned modelling density and elastic modulus which can be done by choosing "user-defined" for density and elastic modulus seperatly in this interface as per your design. good luck vijay g

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 6, 2011, 6:38 p.m. EDT
Thanks ... I AM USING ELECTRIC AND MAGNETIC FIELDS .... with the solid mechanics so I need to know exactly what is the elastic modulus case I am modeling magnetic field varying with the dynamics of structure...
Thanks ... I AM USING ELECTRIC AND MAGNETIC FIELDS .... with the solid mechanics so I need to know exactly what is the elastic modulus case I am modeling magnetic field varying with the dynamics of structure...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.