Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to export post processed data of one model as input to another modal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi everyone

I have two comsol modals and one of them generates a voltage and temperature on a surface and the other needs these voltages and temperatures as input for simulations.I cannot put both in the same modal as that would become very complex.

Now my question is how to I export the voltage and temperature distribution in a surface from one modal and to another modal which has a surface of same shape.

I am using comsol 3.5a with mems module

thanking you

Vikrant Sista

3 Replies Last Post Jul 18, 2011, 5:52 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 16, 2011, 1:05 p.m. EDT
Ivar I have seen in some of you similar old posts that you refer to a certain "history file".Can you tell us where we can find it?
Ivar I have seen in some of you similar old posts that you refer to a certain "history file".Can you tell us where we can find it?

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 18, 2011, 5:32 a.m. EDT
Hi, same question here but for 4.1 version please.

I run a 2D analysis to obtain temperature along a boundary, and another analysis which needs this temperature profile as an input.

I can export the data from the first model via a txt file but i don't know what to do afterwards....

Thank you for your help!!!
Hi, same question here but for 4.1 version please. I run a 2D analysis to obtain temperature along a boundary, and another analysis which needs this temperature profile as an input. I can export the data from the first model via a txt file but i don't know what to do afterwards.... Thank you for your help!!!

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 18, 2011, 5:52 a.m. EDT
Actually I managed to get it into a function using the interpolation, and I have now a function of the temperature for values of X. But I can't affect this function to a boundary condition (Temperature in my case) becaus e it is not a single value -> I have these error messages :" Unexpected unit of input", or "Unknown variable"....
Does anybody know haw I can handle it?

Thanks

Ok found it, never mind ^^...
Actually I managed to get it into a function using the interpolation, and I have now a function of the temperature for values of X. But I can't affect this function to a boundary condition (Temperature in my case) becaus e it is not a single value -> I have these error messages :" Unexpected unit of input", or "Unknown variable".... Does anybody know haw I can handle it? Thanks Ok found it, never mind ^^...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.