Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heaviside function for heating and cooling phase

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I am simulating laser material removal process. I have used heaviside function to differentiate the two phases (solid and evaporation). My analytic function is flc2hs(T-Tsol,Tevp-Tsol). According to the function, the phase will vary 0 to 1 and its remain as 1 when material temperature reaches or beyond the evaporation point during the heating of the material. I sucessfully simulated the process upto this level.

But, material will start to drop the temperature when it is subjected to cooling. Thus, I can't keep the phase difference when material temperature drops below the solidus temperature. Because, by this time all portion of the material will become 0 phase. So, I want to implement the condition like if material phase reaches 1 during heating, it should remains as 1 throughout the process (while cooling time also). Can anyone please suggest me what would be the possible ways?

0 Replies Last Post Dec 1, 2018, 10:07 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello uday

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.