Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Missing the top menu in Linux Ubuntu 11.04

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi !
After installing 4.2 on Linux Ubuntu 11.04 the top menu with the "File", etc command is missing. I have it in every other program I'm using, but not in Comsol.

I'm kind of "a noob" in Linux so sorry if this is an "easy-fix" one.

regards and thanks
Nils Eivind

3 Replies Last Post Sep 30, 2011, 7:26 a.m. EDT
Chandramohan Somayaji

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 30, 2011, 5:42 a.m. EDT
same issue here. Anybody with a solution?
same issue here. Anybody with a solution?

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 30, 2011, 7:08 a.m. EDT
Maybe it is a bug with the new Ubuntu. Normally Ubuntu displays all Menu Settings not in the same window but on the upper bar. Did you already tried the key options (Alt + F etc...)?

Cheers

Daniel
Maybe it is a bug with the new Ubuntu. Normally Ubuntu displays all Menu Settings not in the same window but on the upper bar. Did you already tried the key options (Alt + F etc...)? Cheers Daniel

Chandramohan Somayaji

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 30, 2011, 7:26 a.m. EDT
It looks like a bug in ubuntu 11.04. Now, When I restart the computer with Ubuntu classic settings, everything
seems to work.!!! thanks for the info

Maybe it is a bug with the new Ubuntu. Normally Ubuntu displays all Menu Settings not in the same window but on the upper bar. Did you already tried the key options (Alt + F etc...)?

Cheers

Daniel

It looks like a bug in ubuntu 11.04. Now, When I restart the computer with Ubuntu classic settings, everything seems to work.!!! thanks for the info [QUOTE] Maybe it is a bug with the new Ubuntu. Normally Ubuntu displays all Menu Settings not in the same window but on the upper bar. Did you already tried the key options (Alt + F etc...)? Cheers Daniel [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.