Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

initial condition for heat transfer simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am a new user with COMSOL.
I am trying to emulate a situation where a PCB with some chips on it are working for a long time under specific power.
and in a specific time the circuit power source are changed.
how can I "tell" the simulator to take the initial condition of the time dependent simulation from the stationary simulation result?

2 Replies Last Post Sep 7, 2011, 11:13 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 7, 2011, 11:04 a.m. EDT
Hi

one way is to add a first stationary simulation and a second transient node, then get COMSOL to build the default solver (in 4.2 or newer).
Normally, then you will see a Stored solution in between the two solver sub-nodes. you can then change at will the "Dependent Variable" subnodes to select from which "initial" value(s) to start

It's wothwhile to read a couple of times the solver settings in the doc, and to do a few exercices of the model library to get used to these settings

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi one way is to add a first stationary simulation and a second transient node, then get COMSOL to build the default solver (in 4.2 or newer). Normally, then you will see a Stored solution in between the two solver sub-nodes. you can then change at will the "Dependent Variable" subnodes to select from which "initial" value(s) to start It's wothwhile to read a couple of times the solver settings in the doc, and to do a few exercices of the model library to get used to these settings -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 7, 2011, 11:13 a.m. EDT
Hi,
Thanks it works
Hi, Thanks it works

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.