Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Doubt in Resonant pressure sensor model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am a first time user of COMSOL 4.0a and I am using this for my project work. As a beginner, I am finding some doubts which I hope I will get the answers from this forum.

I have gone for a simple modelling approach for a resonating beam by first keeping the two ends of the beam as "FIXED", made Zero Ext. Load condition on the Beam, did the meshing, performed the evaluation and finally found the natural resonant frequency which is matching almost near to the theoretical ones, which I find quite a positive one (for results, please find the model from the attachment).

However, I am not able to find out the reason for why this simulation is showing "displacements" at the centre of the beam as well as throughout the beam , because I have not given any load onto the beam nor given any condition for initial displacement(s). Should'nt the colour contour be uniform throughout the beam? Or is my simulation gone wrong?

Could anyone please provide me an answer for this problem of mine?

Awaiting for a positive reply,

With warm regards,

Mukund Kumar Menon

0 Replies Last Post Oct 30, 2011, 11:42 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mukund Kumar Menon

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.