Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to find shear stress in COMSOL 4.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to generate a line plot of shear stress in Comsol 4.2. In the older version I was able to do this by setting tau= eta*(uy+vx) in the post processing plot parameters>line plot equation. Is there a similar way to accomplish this task in the newer version? I would appreciate any help.

Best

1 Reply Last Post Dec 12, 2011, 1:23 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 12, 2011, 1:23 a.m. EST
Hi

nothing has really changed between 3.5 and 4 w.r.t. lower level fem methodology, at least not I see it. so all "physical" formulas valid in 3.5 remain in v4. With the important exception that you must adapt to the new variable names.

And in solid the default spatial frame on makes a distinction between upper and lower case coordinate variables x,y,z and X,Y,Z

And in V4 you have far more predefined variables, probably yours is already defined, turn on the "equation" node and take a look under the hood ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi nothing has really changed between 3.5 and 4 w.r.t. lower level fem methodology, at least not I see it. so all "physical" formulas valid in 3.5 remain in v4. With the important exception that you must adapt to the new variable names. And in solid the default spatial frame on makes a distinction between upper and lower case coordinate variables x,y,z and X,Y,Z And in V4 you have far more predefined variables, probably yours is already defined, turn on the "equation" node and take a look under the hood ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.