Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integrating different COMSOL modules

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm trying to simulate my physical setup for my master's thesis in COMSOL. It involves the creation of a magnetic field through applying a current to a copper-made solenoid. The magnetic field will be proportional the applied current and, by placing a Rubidium gas cell inside the solenoid, it will orient the spins of the atoms with that very same applied magnetic field. I've been able to simulate this and the results are similar to the theorietical calculations and the experimental results.

However, the second part of my physical setup resides on the sending a light with a certain wavelength through the Rubidium cell with an applied magnetic field and checking the transmittance of light by a detector in the other side of the setup with increasing magnetic fields.

Lastly, the cell is heated to check how it influences the sensibility of this setup to light.

I was wondering if it was possible to add several multiphysics modules to COMSOL, in this case it would probably be the magnetic field module, the wave optics / ray optics module and the heating module all in one simulation and have them interact with each other. In other words, is it possible to have my magnetic field interact with the light beam and being able to simulate the transmittance of my setup in COMSOL like I'm able to do in my experimental setup?

I'm sorry if this type of question has been asked and answered before, I have not found anything about it on the forums.

Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post Jan 7, 2020, 9:56 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hugo Pereira

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.