Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Second Piola Kirchoff stress vs stretch ratio plot in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, dear all,

After having lvar advice, i think i better learn structure mechanics and fluid flow from the basic so i can build a complete FSI model.

I would like to learn plot the Second Piola Kirchoff stress vs stretch ratio, as attachment, COMSOL offer me luxurious choice(my favourite software).

May i know what is the correct way to plot it out?

Stretch ratio :The stretch ratio or extension ratio is a measure of the extensional or normal strain of a differential line element, which can be defined at either the undeformed configuration or the deformed configuration. It is defined as the ratio between the final length ℓ and the initial length L of the material line.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deformation_(mechanics)

2 Replies Last Post Dec 22, 2011, 9:39 p.m. EST
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 22, 2011, 11:57 a.m. EST
The stretch ratio as you defined it is a scalar quantity. The closest available output from COMSOL is the YY component of the right stretch tensor (solid.UstchYY) or the first principal stretch.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
The stretch ratio as you defined it is a scalar quantity. The closest available output from COMSOL is the YY component of the right stretch tensor (solid.UstchYY) or the first principal stretch. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 22, 2011, 9:39 p.m. EST
Thank you Nagi.
Thank you Nagi.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.