Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

BUG in COMSOL 5.1 on parametric curve design

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello forum

I think i found a bug in comsol 5.1 regarding the parametric curve functionality. Specifically, i wish to design a rounded triangle with expressions

x(t)=0.28(cos(t)+0.2cos(2t)) y(t) 0.28(sin(t)-0.2sin(2t))

with 0<t<360. The curve is sketched succesfully but when i try to converse it in solid it gives the message "Output Object is Empty". It is worth mentioning though that the parametric curve gives also the warning "Maximum relative error of parametric curve representation is "3.759914704775483E-4".

I think this is a bug. Miko

1 Reply Last Post Feb 16, 2020, 10:45 a.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Feb 16, 2020, 10:45 a.m. EST

Hi Miko,

in Comsol the trigonometric functions expect radians in the argument. So let the parameter run from 0 to 2*pi and it works.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi Miko, in Comsol the trigonometric functions expect radians in the argument. So let the parameter run from 0 to 2*pi and it works. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.