Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

transcendental function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
Could someone please help me with my model? I am trying to solve a heat transfer model that is coupled with a transcendental function written in the global equations module. However, I am not able to solve it as an error saying 'Unknown variable: mod1.T' pops up.

I would like to attach the file but I am not sure how to make it private from the first post. Can someone help me?

Thank you.

Best wishes,
EH

1 Reply Last Post Jan 6, 2012, 6:22 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 6, 2012, 6:22 a.m. EST
Hi

"T" is normally the temperature variable, but you need to define it, this is done automatically, as a dependent variable, if you add a Heat related physics, if not you might need to define it as a Parameter.

If the error comes up in your function definition, it is that you have perhaps several arguments, but you have not defined their respective plot domain values (look at the bottom of the view)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi "T" is normally the temperature variable, but you need to define it, this is done automatically, as a dependent variable, if you add a Heat related physics, if not you might need to define it as a Parameter. If the error comes up in your function definition, it is that you have perhaps several arguments, but you have not defined their respective plot domain values (look at the bottom of the view) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.