Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Choosing a specific batch recovery instance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

Hello, I made a mistake on my batch script while trying to restart a comsol simulation in batchmode. I'm running a large scale simulation in a cluster and it needs to be restarted several times because of the time limitation of the cluster. I used -continue instead of -recovery -continue and COMSOL started a fresh new simulation so I cancelled it. Is it possible to choose which recovery instance to restart from? It seems that restarting the simulation always tries to recover the last instance (which makes sense), but I would like to choose a previous one.

Thank you, R

1 Reply Last Post Jul 15, 2020, 7:22 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Raimundo Gonzalez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Jul 15, 2020, 7:22 a.m. EDT

Hello Raimundo,

I was wondering if you were able to fix the problem? Also may I request you to suggest the command line for recovering the comsol file and resubmitting the same for simulation after terminated by HPC due to time limitation? I am simulating the large scale cfd problem which requires huge time to complete.

Thank you, Udayraj

Hello Raimundo, I was wondering if you were able to fix the problem? Also may I request you to suggest the command line for recovering the comsol file and resubmitting the same for simulation after terminated by HPC due to time limitation? I am simulating the large scale cfd problem which requires huge time to complete. Thank you, Udayraj

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.