Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

calculating electrical force in a 2d model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am tring to simulate an electrostatic force initiated on a drop.
i am simulating the drop with a 2D geometry and i cant understand the force result. i am simulating with the electrostatic physic.

There is to things that i request your help:

1. can i get the force field (from the force calculation node) as a function of place (and not as a scalar) ?
2. what does the force result mean in a 2d simulation.

Thanks in advanced for your help !

ofir.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 18, 2012, 2:24 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 18, 2012, 2:24 p.m. EST
Hi

I suppose you mean that you get a force density = pressure N/m^2, so to get the total force you need to integrate it over the boundary where the force applies. Check the doc about the coupling integrations or the definition Integration nodes, or the derived values integration ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I suppose you mean that you get a force density = pressure N/m^2, so to get the total force you need to integrate it over the boundary where the force applies. Check the doc about the coupling integrations or the definition Integration nodes, or the derived values integration ... -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.