Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

parametric study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone
I want to have parametric study of two variables each having different range of values.
How can I include such thing in a timedependent study?

Thanks in advance.
Siva

3 Replies Last Post Feb 20, 2012, 12:10 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 20, 2012, 11:27 a.m. EST
Hi

check the doc about the "Parametric Sweep" node, you add it manually before your time dependent series. Then check the doc again about how to best handle multiple parameters

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the doc about the "Parametric Sweep" node, you add it manually before your time dependent series. Then check the doc again about how to best handle multiple parameters -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 20, 2012, 12:04 p.m. EST
Thanks dr. Ivar.
I got from the doc.
Actually I wanted to use full multiparameter sweep (solve for the first value of the first parameter combined with all values of the second parameter, then the second value of the first parameter combined with all values of the second parameter, and so on).

This was not working properly with all the possible settings.

But actually an earlier parameteric setting was lying in the job configuration giving wrong combinations. I deleted the study, saved closed and added new study I got now without any problem

Thanks again.

Thanks dr. Ivar. I got from the doc. Actually I wanted to use full multiparameter sweep (solve for the first value of the first parameter combined with all values of the second parameter, then the second value of the first parameter combined with all values of the second parameter, and so on). This was not working properly with all the possible settings. But actually an earlier parameteric setting was lying in the job configuration giving wrong combinations. I deleted the study, saved closed and added new study I got now without any problem Thanks again.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 20, 2012, 12:10 p.m. EST
Hi

read carefully the way the parameters are stacked, it's not 100% obvious the first time ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi read carefully the way the parameters are stacked, it's not 100% obvious the first time ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.