Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

moving wall?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I wish to know does the model's wall boundary moving (with time), anyone know how to check on this?

For further description,
In the model, i used moving mesh coupled with fluid flow physics and the wall is set to no slip condition (i suppose to hv both moving and no slip condition). In the result, I can see wall displacement in spatial frame (although it does not set as moving wall).

Now I am not sure - the movement that I saw in the result is actually the displacement of moving mesh only or both (mesh and wall) in this setting?

In v4.2a, it only allows me to choose either no slip or moving wall under wall boundary condition but not both.
I tried with moving wall only by setting the same velocity as moving mesh velocity, but convergence errors appear.

Thanks a lot!

0 Replies Last Post Mar 8, 2012, 12:07 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Abbie

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.