Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Random vibration std with Livelink Matlab - loading of text file and extraction of data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol community,

Description

I am loading through batch mode a random vibration model and after solving it I add a post process to add frequency spectrum characteristics so as to reach to the point of exporting the results. To the last part and after I have created the number of variables that interest me I am calling for the cross-correlation (or .psd over the point) between the established points. Though the process is described in a webinar related to the study, the number of points in its final form is a 4 digit one. This being said I use a script so as to create the text file to load as a table under the ‘Global evaluation sweep’ -G.E.S process.

The problem 

I am using a number of iterations which means that the process needs to be automated. When performing the action in Comsol Multiphysics gui and saving as a m.file it given the structure filled with the parameters. I am trying to find a way to make as time efficient the process through Livelink-Matlab in the G.E.S node. I thought that there is no simple way to define the load process in a Comsol-Java type of format. So I create a string array following the .set(‘expr’/’descr’,{string_of_data}). Full processing of the post process remains heavily time consuming for just a few points. When doing a frequency domain study the results for ~8K points are produced fast by use of matrices so I am wondering if there is some short of alternative that will allow me at the end to increase the sum of the measuring points. I would appreciate any suggestions for an alternative way to load the data to G.E.S. if it exists and secondly to get the results with also an alternative way (tried with mphinterp, did not work) faster since I am interested in exporting a high number of points. Process wise, I am just evaluating the G.E.S. and exporting the table through Livelink. Matlab syntax for string_of_data: set('name',{'val1','val2'}) ,

Thank you for your time, Theodore Bantounas

0 Replies Last Post Sep 8, 2020, 12:31 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Theodore Bantounas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.