Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D simulation: boundary plot (line graph) prevent interpolation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

in my 2D simulation I want to determine the electric field strength at the curved boundary between two domains. The simulation works without any problems. There are some undefined oscillations of the absolute value though.

In my opinion this could be caused by the interpolation of several mesh points in the vicinity of the mesh points on the boundary.

1. Can I extract the values of the mesh points that solely lie on the boundary and use them for my line graph, without any interpolation or averaging?

2. Is there a chance that I can make a curved 2D cutline, parallel to my boundary?

Best regards
Andreas

1 Reply Last Post Mar 14, 2012, 1:48 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 14, 2012, 1:48 p.m. EDT
Hi

For the plot check your advanced plot inerpolation / smooting tab settings (you might need to turn on "preferences show advanced"

Then why not make an internal boundary by copy/scaling your first domain, then you can pick this internal boundary for your plot line and data extraction.

Anyhow in ACDC avoid sharp edges as the flux values are undefined on the vertex. You may fillet off most sharp edges

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi For the plot check your advanced plot inerpolation / smooting tab settings (you might need to turn on "preferences show advanced" Then why not make an internal boundary by copy/scaling your first domain, then you can pick this internal boundary for your plot line and data extraction. Anyhow in ACDC avoid sharp edges as the flux values are undefined on the vertex. You may fillet off most sharp edges -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.