new Apple M1 machines and Rosetta 2 Intel emulator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Has COMSOL tested its products on Apple's Rosetta 2 Intel emulator? If so, what were the results? Thank you.

4 Replies Last Post May 4, 2021, 2:14 AM EDT

Posted: 5 months ago Nov 30, 2020, 10:09 PM EST

I ran Comsol 5.5 on Apple Mac M1 with Rosetta 2 and it ran without any issues. I ran several programs all of which ran flawlessly. I have not performed any detailed speed compairsons yet.

I ran Comsol 5.5 on Apple Mac M1 with Rosetta 2 and it ran without any issues. I ran several programs all of which ran flawlessly. I have not performed any detailed speed compairsons yet.

Posted: 5 months ago Dec 2, 2020, 1:07 AM EST

it is good to know, thank you very much, Pawan Takhar!

I just ordered a Macbook M1, it is also my concern.

it is good to know, thank you very much, Pawan Takhar! I just ordered a Macbook M1, it is also my concern.

Posted: 3 months ago Feb 4, 2021, 12:09 PM EST

But it's a pity that COMSOL can't give full play to M1

But it's a pity that COMSOL can't give full play to M1

Posted: 7 days ago May 4, 2021, 2:14 AM EDT
Updated: 4 days ago May 6, 2021, 9:29 AM EDT

I also run it on MacOS, and face some technical issues, time to time. It can be kinda laggy. Users usually read and check different articles on the official Apple website, but I prefer to check articles on websites like Setapp. You can check it out ( weblink: https://setapp.com/how-to/check-disk-space-on-your-mac ), for example this article, to understand how much information authors gave for issues, which related to checking disk space on Mac. I've done everything they wrote about - and it's worked perfectly, disk-related processes became more stable and fast.

I also run it on MacOS, and face some technical issues, time to time. It can be kinda laggy. Users usually read and check different articles on the official Apple website, but I prefer to check articles on websites like Setapp. You can check it out ( weblink: [https://setapp.com/how-to/check-disk-space-on-your-mac](https://setapp.com/how-to/check-disk-space-on-your-mac) ), for example this article, to understand how much information authors gave for issues, which related to checking disk space on Mac. I've done everything they wrote about - and it's worked perfectly, disk-related processes became more stable and fast.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.