Please note This entry concerns COMSOL 6.0 for COMSOL 6.1, please see Knowledge Base 1300
- LiveLink for MATLAB and LiveLink for Simulink are not supported.
- COMSOL Model Manager Server is not supported.
- The PARDISO solver is not supported. COMSOL will automatically switch to the MUMPS solver when PARDISO is to be used.
- Using CAD Import Module requires Rosetta.
- Virtual memory usage is not properly reported.
- Some models may perform poorly when MUMPS is used as the solver instead of PARDISO. The solution is to use the Intel version of COMSOL through Rosetta.
- For optimal performance COMSOL uses only the performance cores of the Apple SoC. Because of this it may appear that COMSOL is not using all CPU resources.
- For newer Apple silicon SoCs (released after COMSOL 6.0), setting the number of performance cores may have to be done manually from Settings → Multicore and Cluster Computing. Otherwise, COMSOL may end up being allocated to efficiency cores instead of performance cores resulting in poor performance.
- Poor performance can be caused by setting COMSOL as a low priority process. This can happen, for example, when launching COMSOL from Cron or Launchd, or by enabling very conservative power saving settings in macOS.
- MUMPS may underperform for some models. This will be corrected in a future update or release.
- For unsupported features (listed above) use the Intel version of COMSOL with Rosetta.
- Test if your model performs better with the Intel version of COMSOL especially if PARDISO is to be used.
- Generally, install both the native (M1) and Intel versions of COMSOL and use the version that suits you best.
COMSOL makes every reasonable effort to verify the information you view on this page. Resources and documents are provided for your information only, and COMSOL makes no explicit or implied claims to their validity. COMSOL does not assume any legal liability for the accuracy of the data disclosed. Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark details.