Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to integrate current density

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,everyone.I'm a new learner of this software.Now,I have a question.
I am doing research on gas discharge, in which a special detection probe is set up. I want to ask how to integrate the current density on the probe surface.The attached picture is the probe model I set(My picture failed to upload. Here, you can imagine the probe as a cuboid, then my question is how to integrate the current density on the surface of this cuboid against the area).
Urgently need your help!!

3 Replies Last Post Dec 20, 2020, 12:04 p.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Dec 19, 2020, 6:06 p.m. EST

Assuming you have already executed the model, go to Results, right-click on Derived Values and choose Integration, then Surface Integration. Then, choose your surfaces and enter the current distribution expression that you want to integrate.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Assuming you have already executed the model, go to **Results**, right-click on **Derived Values** and choose **Integration**, then **Surface Integration**. Then, choose your surfaces and enter the current distribution expression that you want to integrate.

Posted: 3 years ago Dec 20, 2020, 7:53 a.m. EST

Assuming you have already executed the model, go to Results, right-click on Derived Values and choose Integration, then Surface Integration. Then, choose your surfaces and enter the current distribution expression that you want to integrate.

Oh,I know!So thanks.
Did you use this way?Can I refer to the current distribution expression you have used? I don't know what form should be used.Looking forward to your answer.
Next,I need find the current distribution expression.
>Assuming you have already executed the model, go to **Results**, right-click on **Derived Values** and choose **Integration**, then **Surface Integration**. Then, choose your surfaces and enter the current distribution expression that you want to integrate. Oh,I know!So thanks. Did you use this way?Can I refer to the current distribution expression you have used? I don't know what form should be used.Looking forward to your answer. Next,I need find the current distribution expression.

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Dec 20, 2020, 12:04 p.m. EST

The physics of your problem may impact your choice of expressions to use. I encourage you to work through some of the tutorial examples provided by Comsol. To obtain more specific advice for a particular problem, I suggest that you to post your model to the forum.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
The physics of your problem may impact your choice of expressions to use. I encourage you to work through some of the tutorial examples provided by Comsol. To obtain more specific advice for a particular problem, I suggest that you to post your model to the forum.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.