Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

model coupling heat transfer in solids and conjugate heat transfer (problem with pressure and velocity)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear,

in order to compute different physics I started first to do a simple heat transfer in solids.

With these results I would like to use the temperature profile in the conjugate heat transfer, but when taking over the temperature comsol is tellling me that :"segregated solver steps do not involve all componets".

How can I tell comsol that the inital values from the other values must be taken from the initial values and the initial values from the calculated Temperature in the earlier study.

Or is this not possible to calculate?

1 Reply Last Post Apr 12, 2012, 2:21 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 12, 2012, 2:21 p.m. EDT
Hi

if you change settings in the solver sequence, COMSOL assumes you want to take control, and does not always update the solver sequence according to your other changes in the physics nodes, so you must access the lower level solver nodes (segregation nodes) and add any missing variable in the correct step.

The other way is to delete the solver sequence and let COMSOL regenerate it, but then you loose also allelated plots nodes cou have defined, that are linked to the Data set

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you change settings in the solver sequence, COMSOL assumes you want to take control, and does not always update the solver sequence according to your other changes in the physics nodes, so you must access the lower level solver nodes (segregation nodes) and add any missing variable in the correct step. The other way is to delete the solver sequence and let COMSOL regenerate it, but then you loose also allelated plots nodes cou have defined, that are linked to the Data set -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.