Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

volume force field for laminar flow simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I 'm doing a laminar flow simulation and want to introduce a volume force. I found an option for a constant volume force.

However, I want to introduce a position-dependent volume force. How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

PS: I'm using comsol 4.1

2 Replies Last Post May 3, 2012, 10:44 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 3, 2012, 10:41 a.m. EDT
Hi

if you enter 100[N] in a field its constant for all x,y,z oer the selected range, if you write 100[N]*x/X_tot where X_tot[m] is a total X length you will have a linear increasing force going from 0 to 100 as x goes from 0 to X_tot (assuming it starts at x=0, else correct for the offset

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you enter 100[N] in a field its constant for all x,y,z oer the selected range, if you write 100[N]*x/X_tot where X_tot[m] is a total X length you will have a linear increasing force going from 0 to 100 as x goes from 0 to X_tot (assuming it starts at x=0, else correct for the offset -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 3, 2012, 10:44 a.m. EDT
Thanks. I'll try that.

Where can I find a list / documentation about variables / functions syntax?

Best Regards,
Lothar
Thanks. I'll try that. Where can I find a list / documentation about variables / functions syntax? Best Regards, Lothar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.