Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is it possible to detach cluster job from machine?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I've increased the complexity of my thermal simulations to the point I can't run it locally (as it would take 12-16h). So I consulted my institution to know if there was any server available and I was pointed to a high computing cluster. Most of the setup follows COMSOL's blog post on how to run simulations in a cluster.

I've detached the job and closed COMSOL's GUI, however it seems that the batch background application is consuming a lot of my memory and RAM, making me unable to work on other subjects properly since my computer is under such stress. Even further, I would imagine that this makes it impossible to shutdown the PC if needed.

Is there a way to detach this? I've inquired my organization as well, but they usually take a good amount of time to answer.

0 Replies Last Post Mar 17, 2021, 5:46 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Guilherme Theis

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.