Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol Cluster Computing

Jose Javier Munoz Criollo

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

We are trying to document the required settings to enable Comsol's Cluster Computing (5.4) in our university HPC cluster for the benefit of our users requiring HPC in their Comsol analysis. So far I have found these guides:

https://uk.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-run-on-clusters-from-the-comsol-desktop-environment/ https://uk.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1001

I have been able to submit jobs (failing with error described below) but I have had difficulty with a couple of things:

• I don't seem to be able to cancel jobs from the local machine
  • I have received a few error messages and I have noticed that the local machine doesn't seem to keep track of this, remaining in "Scheduling" in the External Process tab. After dettaching and reattaching, the log seems to catch up with the reported error in the cluster but the job status remain as "Scheduling". Is this expected?

On the error I am receiving at the moment on the cluster:

Error: Cluster components are missing from the installation.

Could you confirm if our licence includes this feature? I believe it was enabled during the installation process but is there a way to confirm this?

I wonder if you have any further documentation on this feature or have experience enabling this functionality in other HPC systems and could help us doing the same in ours?

Regards

Jose

1 Reply Last Post Apr 8, 2021, 10:46 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Apr 8, 2021, 10:46 a.m. EDT
Updated: 3 years ago Apr 8, 2021, 10:55 a.m. EDT

Hello Jose,

Your questions -at least the first of them - seem to be intended for COMSOL's technical support staff. To contact them, please use the support portal at www.comsol.com/support .

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Jose, Your questions -at least the first of them - seem to be intended for COMSOL's technical support staff. To contact them, please use the support portal at www.comsol.com/support . Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.